Dragons in the city
We've been monitoring more than 650 eastern water dragons in Brisbane city for the past 5 years.
Our research aims to shed light on how environmental and social factors influence evolutionary processes.
We are investigating:
- What are the fitness benefits of sociality?
- Is dominance a matter of genes or environment?
- What can an individual dragon's ecological landscape tell us about social evolution?
- What is the genetic basis of sociality?
- What are the evolutionary consequences of city life for eastern water dragons?
Daniel Ortiz-Barrientos, School of Biological Sciences, University of Queensland.
Dr Christofer Clemente, University of the Sunshine Coast
Associate Professor Martin Whiting, Department of Biological Sciences, Macquarie University.